Paleo Best Banana Paleo Bread
Look no further for a paleo banana bread that tastes every bit as good as – if not even better than – its classic counterpart. This loaf is moist, chewy, flavorful, and healthy… and it’s speckled with shredded coconut; an addition that makes it just that much more delicious.
- 1/2 cup finely ground blanched almond flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (I used Let’s Do Organic)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil (measure after melting)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 large eggs, preferably organic, lightly whisked
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup well-mashed overripe banana (2 large or 3 medium bananas with black skins)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut (or an equal amount of dark chocolate chips, cacao nibs, walnuts, pecans, dried cranberries, etc.)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from healthyfoodforliving.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Line the bottom with a piece of parchment paper cut to fit.
In a large bowl, whisk together first 5 ingredients (almond flour through salt).
In another large bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk in mashed banana.
Stir wet ingredients into the dry and stir until fully combined. Fold in shredded coconut or add-ins of your choice.
Evenly spread batter into prepared loaf pan. The batter will be rather thick.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a wooden tester inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Carefully remove bread from the pan and transfer to a wire to cool completely.