Pan Seared Filet of Sirloin with Red Wine Sauce
- 4 Certified Angus Beef ® filet steaks, cut 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fine chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 2 tablespoons cracked peppercorn blend
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup diced shallots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon (red wine)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from theslowroasteditalian.com
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Heat oil in heavy skillet (not nonstick) over medium-high heat. Combine 1 tablespoon rosemary, peppercorn and salt in a small bowl. Season steaks with peppercorn mixture, lightly pressing mixture to steak. Sear steaks 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Place in oven about 5 - 10 minutes for medium rare or until steaks reach desired doneness. Allow steaks to rest 5 minutes before serving.
After removing steaks from pan, add shallots and garlic; cook for 2 minutes on medium heat. Whisk in wine and mustard; reduce by 2/3. Add remaining rosemary. Swirl butter in pan to melt. Remove from heat; add parsley and season with salt to taste. Serve over steak.