Alice Springs Chicken Outback Steakhouse
You won't be disappointed, this version tastes just like the real deal. The honey mustard sauce is tangy and sweet and tastes great on the chicken!
- THE BEST HONEY MUSTARD:
- 4 chicken breasts, halves, skinless, boneless
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 12 slices Bacon, fully cooked
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese and 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese, shredded (or 2 cup shredded Mexican Blend Cheese)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (as always we suggest Duke's Mayonnaise -- this southern favorite is all we ever use.)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons French mustard (or any other kind works)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 75mins
Make batch of The Best Honey Mustard You've Ever Tasted ( see recipe below).
Pour about ½ of single batch or ¼ of double batch of honey mustard in bowl and add chicken. Set in refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours or, better yet, overnight. Save remaining honey mustard in sealed container in 'fridge to use as dipping sauce later.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Heat up oil in frying pan on stove and sear each chicken breast 3 to 4 minutes per side until golden brown.
Transfer chicken to oven safe pan and brush with honey mustard.
Salt and pepper breasts.
Add butter to frying pan and sauté mushrooms.
Stack bacon across each breast, spoon mushrooms on each breast and then approximately ½ cup of cheese on each.
Cover pan with foil or lid and bake 7 to 10 minutes to melt cheese. Dust with paprika and serve with honey mustard.
THE BEST HONEY MUSTARD:
Place all ingredients in bowl and mix.
Make at least an hour before and refrigerate to let flavors combine.
Store it in clean jar in refrigerator for up to two weeks.