Oatmeal Date Spice Cookies
- 1 box classic yellow cake mix - (18.25 oz)
- 12 tablespoons butter - (1 1/2 sticks) melted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup walnuts chopped and toasted
- 1 cup chopped dates
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine cake mix, melted butter, flour, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla in large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer for 1 minute, or until well blended. Stir in oats, walnuts and dates.
Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet, spacing cookies 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, or until edges begin to brown. Cool cookies on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer cookies to a cooling rack or platter.
This recipe yields 36 cookies.