Salmon Burgers With Caesar Slaw
- 1 can Alaskan salmon - (14 oz) drained, flaked
- 2 egg whites lightly beaten
- 1 Handful parsley leaves finely chopped
- 2 lemons zested and juiced divided
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 anchovies - (optional) finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil divided
- Couple handfuls grated
- Parmigiano-Reggiano or Romano
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce shredded
- 1 head radicchio shredded
To flaked salmon, add egg whites, parsley, the zest and juice of 1 lemon, 2/3 of the total amount of chopped garlic, the bread crumbs and lots of black pepper and a little salt. Mix together and form 4 large patties or 8 mini patties.
To a salad bowl add the remaining zest and lemon juice, remaining garlic, chopped anchovies, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire. Whisk in about 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil and cheese. Add lots of black pepper, no salt. Add shredded lettuces to the bowl and toss to coat evenly. Now, season the slaw with salt to taste, if necessary.
Preheat 2 tablespoons, of extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan, in a nonstick skillet over medium to medium high heat. Cook salmon patties 2 to 3 minutes on each side for mini patties, 4 minutes on each side for large patties.
Serve salmon patties atop Caesar Slaw.
This recipe yields 4 servings.