Mussels in White Wine
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 lbs mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1 C dry white wine
- 1/4 C chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4 T (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 t dosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 t ground black pepper
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 35mins
Heat oil in a 6-8 qt pot over medium high heat. Add shallots and garlic and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add mussels and white wine and cover. When steam starts to appear, cook until mussels open, about 5 minutes more. Add parsley and butter. Add salt and pepper, plus more to taste. Cook uncovered 3 minutes more and serve with crusty bread.
Add cream for a richer broth.