Hungarian-Ish Mini-Dumpling And Egg Noodle Soup
- 8 cups chicken stock (Kitchen Basics recommended)
- 1 pound ground chicken or ground turkey breast
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1 handful parsley leaves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups thin egg noodles
- 1/2 cup pequillo Spanish peppers or roasted red peppers quartered
- lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 6 scallions cut 2" pieces, then
- shredded into thin sticks
- 1 handful fresh dill finely chopped, (abt 3 tbspns)
Heat stock to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
Mix the chicken with egg, bread crumbs, nutmeg, smoked sweet paprika, parsley, salt and pepper. Roll the meat into 1-inch dumplings and add to simmering stock. Wash up and let the dumplings cook 3 to 4 minutes alone.
Add the egg noodles, peppers and scallions and stir. Cook another 4 to 5 minutes until noodles are just tender. Stir in dill. Season soup with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Hot Spiced Apples With Dulce De... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honey Nut Banana Splits 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Sausage, Pepper And Onion... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken And Mushroom Goulash With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Noodles And Ham 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Noodle Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Herb And Butter Egg Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)