Crockpot Mexican Pork Hominy Stew
A faster alternative to using a crockpot is to use pre-cooked or purchased shredded pork in the recipe.
- 10-ounce can of hominy, rinsed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 Chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 ten-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 pound peeled carrots cut into chunks
- 4 pound Boston Butt pork roast cut into 1/2 inch pieces
In the blender, mix until smooth : 1/3 of the can of hominy and 2 cups of the chicken broth. Saute the onion and garlic in the vegetable oil. Add the tomato paste, chili powder, and oregano, cook until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Add to the crockpot : the rest of the hominy, the other cup of chicken broth, the canned tomatoes with juice, carrots, and soy sauce. Add the pork roast pieces. Cook 6-7 hours on high.