Apple Pie in a Bag
- 2 1/2 pounds large apples (about 5 apples)
- 1 cup sugar (divided)
- 1/2 cup flour (divided - plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (divided)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter (chilled and cut into small pieces - 1 stick)
- 1 unbaked pie shell (in pie tin)
- 1 parchment cooking bag (found at Sprouts and Whole Foods)
Pre-heat oven to 425 degree.
Peel and slice apples; place in bowl. Combine ½ cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples. Toss to coat well and spoon apples into pastry shell. Drizzle apple mixture with 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
For topping, in a medium bowl combine ½ cup sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon and ½ cup flour.
Cut in chilled butter using your fingers, a fork, or a pastry cutter, working the butter into the dry ingredients until large crumbs are formed.
Sprinkle evenly over apples.
Place entire pie including tin into the bag.
Fold end of bag over twice and staple in several places to seal. Bake at 425 degrees for one hour. When done, cut stapled end of bag open with scissors. Split bag open and enjoy pie.