PEPPER-HERB BEEF STROGANOFF
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 lb boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup Progresso® beef flavored broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup chive-and-onion sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Hot cooked noodles, if desired
In 8-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add beef strips; sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until browned.
Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in broth, chili sauce and thyme. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until flavors are blended.
Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in sour cream until well blended. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve over hot cooked noodles.