Ground Veal Patties
Goes nicely with braised red cabbage.
Calories 542.7 Calories from Fat 32559%Total Fat 36.1 g55%Saturated Fat 10.0 g50%Cholesterol 196.3 mg65%Sodium 895.1 mg37%Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g7%Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%Sugars 2.7 g10%Protein 30.9 g61%
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb lean ground veal
- 1/2 lb ground lean pork
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb, pulverized in a blender or shredded with a fork
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/estonian-ground-meat-patties-beef-veal-pork-hakklihakotlet-108963?oc=linkback
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
1 In a large mixing bowl, combine everything except for 1/2 cup bread crumbs and the oil, and knead with your hands for 5-10 minutes or until mixture is smooth, light and fluffy.
2 Moisten your hands with cold water and shape the mixture into 8 thick, round patties, then dip each in the remaining 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, thoroughly coating both sides.
3 Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy 10-12" skillet over high heat until a haze forms above it.
4 Fry the patties 4 at a time for about 5-10 minutes on each side, regulating the heat so that they brown deeply, but don't burn.
5 To make sure that they are fully cooked insert the tip of a knife into one of the patties, spreading it slightly apart, and look to see that there is no pink.
6 If it is still pink in the middle, lower the heat and cook a few minutes longer, if not serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Pulled Pork Party Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Eggs on Corned Beef Hash 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wild Duck 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Goose Liver Spread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Bean and Veal Chili 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe