Egg Sausage Casserole
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 slices white bread decrusted, cubed
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 pound bulk sausage cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt (scant)
- 1 teaspoon mustard (scant)
- Mushrooms to garnish top
Mix beaten eggs and half-and-half. Set aside.
Layer bottom of greased casserole with bread cubes, cooked sausage, cheddar, salt and mustard. Pour egg mixture over all. Refrigerate overnight.
Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 1 hour and 10 minutes, after placing mushrooms on top.
This recipe yields 6 servings.