Shannon's Slow Cooker Sausage and Beans
This was my attempt to blend my friend Danielle's sausage recipe with one from Slimming World. It's Syn Free on slimming world with Joe's low-fat sausages.
- 8 low-fat cumberland or similar sausages
- 1 400 g tim chopped tomatoes
- 150 ml passata
- Dash of soy sauce
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 400 g tin cannellini beans, drained
- 1 400 g tin borlotti beans, drained
- 200 g bacon, visible fat trimmed off, sliced into small pieces
Cut sausages into large pieces. Add to slow cooker, along with remaining ingredients.
Turn slow cooker to high and cook 3-4 hours until sausages are cooked through and sauce is bubbly. Season to taste.
Serve with potatoes and non-fat cottage cheese.