SQUID - Chorizo Stuffed Squid
- Cooked Rice
- Chorizo Sausage
- Onion, softened
- Black pepper
- Cocktail stick
Adapted from helengraves.co.uk
The amount of stuffing you use of course depends on the size of your squid. I used two medium sized squids. Make sure they are well cleaned before you begin. If you use fresh squid then make sure to keep those tentacles for an extra treat.
I used about 150g cooked (and cooled) rice mixed with 250g chopped, cured chorizo sausage, 1 small softened onion and a large handful of finely chopped parsley leaves. I seasoned this with black pepper and stuffed inside the squid, securing with cocktail sticks.Make 3-4 deep slashes in the flesh of the squid – this will help the heat to get all the way through.
When ready to cook the squid, oil them on the outside then season with salt and pepper. You can either grill them on the BBQ – about 4-5 minutes or pan fry them or griddle them indoors. Check they are hot all the way through using a skewer and serve with a lemon scented salad.
You'll also love
- Avocado Chimichurri 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Grilled Mushrooms and Sausages... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Parmesan Tilapia 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Barbecued lamb with sweet mint... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Beer-Battered Fish 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Bruschetta with Shrimp, Tarragon... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Golden Peach Soup with Shrimp and... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken Thigh and Fennel Sausage... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)