Spicy Smoked Sausage Alfredo Bake
Every once in a while, I hit the recipe jackpot with my family and serve something that every single person at the table devours, while proclaiming with their mouths full of food, “This is good!” This Spicy Smoked Sausage Alfredo Bake was one of those recipes. - Danelle from Let's Dish
- 16 ounces dry pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (12 ounce) fully cooked smoked sausage, any variety
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from letsdishrecipes.com
Cook pasta according to package directions until just al dente; drain.
While pasta cooks, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Stir in flour.
Whisk in chicken broth until smooth, then stir in half and half.
Add salt, pepper, cayenne, and red pepper flakes and simmer until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in Parmesan cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella until cheeses are melted and smooth.
Slice sausage into 1/4 inch pieces and add to the sauce, along with the chopped parsley and cooked pasta. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
Preheat broiler. Pour the pasta mixture into a lightly greased, 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and golden.
You'll also love
- Brussels Sprouts Fried Rice 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Shepherd's Pie Potato Skins 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheese and Bacon Soup 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Creamy Turkey and Noodles 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Crockpot Mac N Cheese 4/5 (58 Votes)
- Sour Dough Pizza Dough - Sausage,... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Fried Ravioli with Marinara... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Brown Sugar Cheese Danish 4.2/5 (27 Votes)