Pat’s Roast Pork ‘n Gravy
- 3 to 3 1/2 lbs. pork roast
- 1 round onion, cut into rings
- Garlic powder
- Several garlic cloves, cut into slivers
- 1/2-cup Aloha Barbecue Sauce (NOT Teri’ sauce)
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Herbs de Provence
- Bay Leaf
- Salt ‘n Pepper to taste
- PAM non-stick spray
Spray PAM on roasting pan. Insert slivered garlic throughout roast via knife slits. Wet roast with a splash of the Aloha BBQ sauce. Sprinkle roast with garlic powder and herbs. Place about a quarter of onions on bottom of pan and rest around all over. Pour white wine or chicken broth mixed with Worcestershire sauce in roasting pan with pork, then tent the roasting pan loosely with foil.
Roast at 300ºF for 3 hours. Check after 2.5 hours, and add more broth or water or white wine if needed.
Take out at about three hours, then pour liquid and most of the onions into a pot. Add Wondra to thicken, allowing at least 2 minutes at a low boil after added to remove flour taste; corn starch will also work here but you cannot add directly. Finish the Roast Pork gravy by seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy the roast pork with rice, “gravy all ovah” (highly recommended!) and mac’ salad!
You'll also love
- Kale and Mushroom Stroganoff 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Cranberry Celebration Cheesecake 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Sour Dough Pizza Dough - Sausage,... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Robyn's Drunken Pork Tenderloin 3.8/5 (79 Votes)
Review this recipe