BBQ Cherry Ribs
- 2 Slabs baby back ribs
- Cherry wood chips
- 2 packs McCormick Grill Mates Memphis Pit BBQ Rub
- Dr. Pepper Cherry or Cherry Coke
24 HOURS PRIOR TO SMOKE
1. Pat ribs dry with paper towel. Rub BBQ rub generously on both sides. Save 1/2 packet for later.
2. Wrap in foil. Refrigerate over night.
12 HOURS PRIOR TO SMOKE
1. Remove ribs from refrigerator & allow to reach room temperature.
TIME TO PREPARE
1. Soak 2 handfuls of wood chips in warm water for 15 minutes.
2. Warm up smoker to 250 degrees.
3. Fill 1/2 water pan with soda. Fill rest with warm water.
4. Sprinkle the rest of BBQ rub on the ribs.
5. Place ribs in smoker & wood chips in pan.
6. Smoke 1-1/2 hours.
7. After 1-1/2 hours add more chips & water if necessary.
8. Smoke an additional 2 hours.
9. Spray warm water in aluminum foil. Remove ribs from smoker & wrap each rib in foil.
10. Place ribs in smoker an additional 2 hours.
11. Remove & rest for 15 minutes before serving.