Mini turkey meatloaf
- Ingredients for Meatloaf Muffins:
- 1 package (~1.25 pounds) 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
- 1 slice whole wheat or multigrain bread (I used Milton’s Multi-Grain) or 1/2 cup store bought bread crumbs.
- 1 cup onions, finely diced
- 1 egg, I used Egg-Land’s Best eggs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce or your favorite
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Ingredients for Topping:
- 1/3 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce or your favorite
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a regular (12-cup) muffin pan with cooking spray. Since this recipe makes 9 meatloaf muffins, you’ll only fill 9 not 12. Set aside.
2. To make bread crumbs: Toast 1 slice whole wheat or multi-grain bread. Place in blender and pulse until made into crumbs.
3. In a large bowl, add ground turkey, bread crumbs, onions, egg, Worcestershire sauce, ½ cup barbecue sauce, salt and pepper. Using your hands or a large spoon, thoroughly mix together until well blended.
4. Add meatloaf mixture to the 9 muffin cups, flattening out the tops. Top each meatloaf muffin with ¾ tablespoon barbecue sauce and spread evenly over top.
5. Bake for 40 minutes. Run a knife around each muffin to loosen it from pan. Remove to a serving plate.
Makes 9 meatloaf muffins (1-2 muffins per serving)