Rao's Lemon Chicken (Barefoot)
- Lemon Sauce:
- 2 2 1/2 -to-3-pound broiling chickens, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- Lemon Sauce (recipe follows)
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
To attain maximum heat, preheat broiler for at least 15 minutes before using.
Broil chicken halves, turning once, for about 30 minutes or until skin is golden-brown and juices run clear when bird is pierced with a fork.
Remove chicken from broiler, leaving broiler on. Using a very sharp knife, cut each half into about 6 pieces (leg, thigh, wing, 3 small breast pieces).
Place chicken on a baking sheet with sides, of a size that can fit into the broiler. Pour Lemon Sauce over the chicken and toss to coat well. If necessary, divide sauce in half and do this in two batches.
Return to broiler and broil for 3 minutes. Turn each piece and broil for an additional minute.
Remove from broiler and portion each chicken into each of 6 warm serving plates.
Pour sauce into a heavy saucepan. Stir in parsley and place over high heat for 1 minute. Pour an equal amount of sauce over each chicken and serve with lots of crusty bread to absorb the sauce.
Whisk together juice, oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, and salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Whisk or shake vigorously before using. Yield: 6 servings.
PROFESSIONAL RECIPE: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Servie with Peas and Prosciutto
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)