Banana Brownie Sticky Toffee Puddings
Any remaining sauce makes a great topping for ice cream.
- 1 (18.4-oz.) package fudge brownie mix
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 3 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- Garnish: chopped chocolate-covered toffee candy bars
Prepare brownie mix according to package directions, stirring in mashed bananas just before transferring mixture to a 9-inch square pan. Bake according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, stir together sugar, next 3 ingredients, and 1 1/4 cups heavy cream in a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring often, 35 to 45 minutes or until dark amber. Stir in 1 cup heavy cream, and increase heat to medium. Cook, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat, and cool 5 minutes.
3. Cut cooled banana brownies into 3/4-inch cubes. Layer brownie cubes and desired amount of sticky toffee sauce in each of 12 small jars or bowls. Beat remaining 1 1/4 cups heavy cream at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; spoon over puddings. Drizzle with more sauce, if desired.
Note: Refrigerate cooled sauce in an airtight container up to 3 days. To soften, microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring until soft.