Stir Fried Ginger Shrimp
- 3/4 pound cleaned and deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon walnut or stir fry oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped peeled ginger root
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried hot pepper flakes or to taste
Heat the canola oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the garlic and ginger root and stir fry 30 seconds.
Add the mushrooms, celery, walnut oil, soy sauce, red pepper flakes and shrimp. Stir-fry until shrimp are pink and just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 2 servings; 5 carb grams per serving.