Atkins' Original Almond Turkey Stuffing
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped onions
- 1/4 pound smoked ham finely ground
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fried pork rinds crushed
- 2 large eggs beaten to blend
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2/3 cup blanched almonds
Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onions. Cook until light brown. Add ham, parsley, and spices. Mix well.
Combine mixture with pork rinds, eggs, wine, and almonds.
This recipe yields 10 servings; 4.2 carb grams per serving.