- For Noodles:
- 1 lb sirloin tip steak
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 beef bouillon cubes, crushed (or soaked in soy sauce and wine until ready to use)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup dry white wine OR 1/2 cup water plus 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 oz dried egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Cut steak into thin strips (about 1/4 inch wide, 2 inches long). Dredge in flour.
2. Set 1 tablespoon oil in an 8-10 inch frying pan over high heat. Add meat. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until brown.
3. Add remaining oil, onions and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in pepper, bouillon cubes, soy sauce and wine. Cover.
5. reduce heat. Simmer for 20-30 minutes until meat is tender.
6. While meat simmers, bring water to boil in a 2-3 quart pan over high heat. Add noodles. Cook, stirring once or twice, for 8-10 minutes until barely tender.
7. Pour noodles into a colander to drain, then return to pan. Add sour cream and Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
8. Serve beef with noodles.