Paleo prime rib roast
Prime rib makes a classic and surprisingly easy special holiday dinner. This recipe takes just a few minutes to prepare and then the oven does all of the work.
- 1(9-10 pound)1 (9-10 pound) bone-in prime rib roast (also called standing rib roast)
- 4cloves4 cloves garlic, peeled and cut into slivers
- 1/2ounce1/2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 220mins
Adapted from somethingnewfordinner.com
Bring roast to room temperature by taking it out of the fridge 1 to 2 hours before you prepare it.
Preheat oven to 450°F.
With a paring knife, poke holes every few inches throughout the roast. Push a garlic sliver into each hole.
Put dried mushrooms in a food processor or blender and whirl until mushrooms are ground into a fine powder. Mix mushroom powder, salt and pepper together. Rub the entire surface of the roast with the mixture.
Place roast in a roasting rack set inside of a roasting pan. Roast 20 minutes. Turn heat down to 350°F and roast until a thermometer stuck in the middle of the roast reads 120°F, 1 1/2 to 2 more hours.
Put the roast on a platter while it rests and collects its juices. After 30 minutes, the internal temperature of the roast should should be about 140°F, or medium rare. Transfer to a carving board. Cut the strings from your roast and slice.
You'll also love
- Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn Recipe 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Pomegranate Scones 4/5 (48 Votes)
- Italian Pork (Crock Pot) 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Pancake Sausage Bites 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Beef Stew 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Chipotle Beef/Chicken Marinade 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- One-Pan Prime Rib & Roasted... 3.7/5 (120 Votes)