Creamy Butternut Squash and Fennel Soup
The subtle flavour of the fennel adds another dimension to the soup and rounds it out beautifully.
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bulb fennel, chopped, green stems discarded
- 2-3 lb. butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh thyme for garnish
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
1. Over medium heat, saute onions and garlic until transparent.
2. Add fennel and saute until soft.
3. Add squash and saute for another 5 - 10 minutes. Cover and reduce heat and cook until squash is soft.
4. Add vegetable stock and season to taste. Bring to a simmer. Using a hand blender, puree until smooth.
Serve with sprigs of fresh thyme for garnish.