Spicy Mushroom Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds (my addition)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 or 2 coarsely crushed red chilies
- 1 medium sized red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pods of garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 cups thickly sliced or quartered baby bella mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped chives (my addition)
- 1/2 lime (my addition)
Adapted from onegreenplanet.org
Step 1 Heat the oil on medium heat for about 1 minute and add in the mustard seeds and the cumin seeds and wait until the mustard seeds begin to crackle.
Step 2 Add in the dried red chilies and the red onions and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until the onions wilt and begin to turn slightly crisp at the edges.
Step 3 Stir in the mushrooms and cook for another 4 minutes, adding in the salt.
Step 4 Add in the ground black pepper and the cilantro and chives and mix well.
Step 5 Squeeze in the lime juice and serve. This dish makes a wonderful side dish with almost anything