Roasted Vidalia Onions with Herbed Bread Crumbs
- 2 large Vidalia onions, cut crosswise into 1/2″-thick slices
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 tbsp. bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. finely chopped oregano
- 1 tsp. finely chopped thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Adapted from saveur.com
1. Heat oven to 450°. On a foil-lined baking sheet, coat onion slices in oil, keeping them as intact as possible; season with salt and pepper. Bake, turning once, until soft and lightly caramelized, about 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, stir together bread crumbs, butter, parsley, oregano, thyme, garlic, and salt and pepper in a small bowl; sprinkle evenly over onion slices. Continue baking until topping is golden brown, about 15 minutes more.