Fish Sticks: Salt and Vinegar Fish Sticks
- 1 10 oz. bag salt and vinegar chips( about 10 cups), finely crushed
- 1/3 c. flour
- kosher salt
- large pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbls. tartar sauce
- 2 ils. haddock or pollock fillets, bones removed, cut into 1 " strips
- veg. oil, for frying
- lemon wedges or malt vinegar
1. Combine the crushed chips with the flour, 1/2 tsp. salt and cayenne pepper in a shallow bowl. Whisk the eggs, tartar sauce and 3 tbls. water i another shallow bowl.
2. On at a time, dredge each fish strip in the potato chip mixture. Place on a baking sheet until ready to fry.
3. fill a large skillet about halfway with vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat until deep fry thermometer registers 350.
Working in batches, fry the fish, turning until golden brown and crisp, 5 to 8 mins. Let oil return to 350 between batches
Drain on paper towels and season with salt. Serve with lemon wedges and or vinegar..