Cuban Black Bean Soup
- 1 16 oz. jar mild or medium thick-and-chunky red salsa or red salsa with lime and garlic
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 oz. can chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Lime-flavor tortilla chips
Cooking time 20mins
In a large saucepan or Dutch oven combine salsa, beans, broth, water, ham and cumin. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
Ladle soup into bowls. If desired, top with sour cream and tortilla chips.
Cuban black bean soup with peppers:
Substitute 2 cups frozen sweet pepper and onion stir-fry vegetables for the ham.