Lemon-Gin Fizzy Punch
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 fresh mint sprigs
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1 (750-ml.) bottle gin
- 1 3/4 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 (750-ml.) bottle dry sparkling wine, chilled
- Garnishes: fresh mint leaves, citrus slices
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Stir together sugar and 2 cups water in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 5 minutes. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add mint and vanilla bean; cool completely. Discard mint and vanilla bean.
2. Stir together gin, lemon juice, 2 cups water, and 2 1/2 cups mint-vanilla syrup. Cover and chill 4 hours. Combine gin mixture and sparkling wine in a large punch bowl.