Light Shrimp Creole
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons margarine/butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/2 pounds shelled, deveined raw shrimp
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce or Worchester sauce
- hot cooked rice
Heat oil and butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
Cook green pepper, onion, and green onion with basil, thyme, garlic salt until just tender.
Add shrimp: cook until shrimp turns pink, about 3 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes and teriyaki sauce.
Cook for a few minutes to blend flavors.
Serve over rice.
May thicken with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch diluted in 2 tablespoons of water.
Yields 6 servings.