Per Serving: Calories: 425, Fat: 15 g, Carbs: 45 g, Fiber: 5g, Protein: 35 g
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, cored and diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups red quinoa
- 2 tsp salt free cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, pepper and celery. Cook, stirring for 10 mins. Add garlic, cook for 1 additional min. Stir in quinoa, 1 1/2 tsp of Cajun seasoning and 3/4 tsp of salt; cook for 1 min.
2. Stir in broth and 1 3/4 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat; boil for 2 mins. Remove from heat and move to a 2 qt baking dish. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 F for 25 mins.
3. In a large bowl, toss together shrimp, tomatoes, parsley, remaining 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Remove baking dish from oven and uncover. Spoon shrimp mixture over top, re-cover and return to oven. Bake at 350 F for an additional 20 mins. Let stand for 5 mins before serving.