Molasses Sugar Cookies
Easy to make and delicious molasses sugar cookies recipe that are ready to enjoy in less than 30 minutes.
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a cookie sheet.
Melt shortening and let cool.
Next add sugar, molasses and one egg. Beat well.
Sift flour, salt, baking soda, cloves, ginger, and cinnamon. Add flour mixture to shortening mixture and mix well. Chill the molasses dough.
After chilling , form 1-inch dough balls and roll them in sugar. Place them about 2-inches apart on the greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 375˚F for 8 to 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Sparkling Mango Strawberry Sangria 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Mini Blueberry Pies 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Chocolate Torte 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Scotcheroos 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Bear Shit Cookies 4/5 (52 Votes)
- Rainbow Cookies 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Molasses Spice Crisps 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Molasses Spice Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)