Hearty Mixed Beans with Beef & Bacon - Great for BBQ's and large gatherings! Super simple and delicious!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bacon, cut up small
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large can baked beans
- 1 can pinto beans (Drain and Rinse)(If you use Pinto Beans in Chili sauce than pour in whole can)
- 1 can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Hickory Smoke liquid
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 240mins
Brown beef, drain off fat set aside.
Brown Bacon pieces (just as it is getting color).
Add chopped onion and garlic saute until soft. Blend together.
In big pot or crock pot add all ingredients simmer 4 to 8 hours.
If starting to dry out a little water, but you don't want them soupy.
If your slow cooker isn't big enough just eliminate a can or two of beans (not baked beans).