- Coca-Cola Frosting:
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup Coca-Cola
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Combine Coca-Cola and buttermilk; set aside.
2. Beat butter at low speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar; beat until blended. Add egg and vanilla; beat at low speed until blended.
3. Combine flour, cocoa, and soda. Add to butter mixture alternately with cola mixture; begin and end with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended.
4. Stir in marshmallows. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes. Pour Coca-Cola Frosting over warm cake; garnish, if desired.
5. Frosting Instructions:
Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring until butter melts. Remove from heat; whisk in sugar and vanilla.
Note: Do not make the frosting ahead of time--you need to pour it over the warm cake shortly after baking. To finish, generously top your sheet cake with toasted chopped pecans, chocolate chips, strawberries, or even a scoop of ice cream, if desired.
You'll also love
- Jestine's Kitchen's Coca-Cola Cake 3.9/5 (12 Votes)