Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops
- 4 Center Cut Pork Chops (3/4 inch thick--about 2 lbs total)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 TBSP EVOO
- 6 oz shallots (about 8), quartered and peeled, leaving root ends in tact.
- 2/3 C. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
1. Pat pork dry and season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Cook Pork along with shallots, turning pork once and stirring shallots occasionally, until pork browned (6 - 7 mins total). Transfer pork to plate.
3. Add vinegar, sugar, and salt / pepper to the skillet (with shallots). Cook, stirring until sugar is dissolved and liquid is slightly thickened (1 - 2 mins).
4. Reduce heat to moderate and return pork to skillet, turning pork 2 - 3 times to coat with sauce. Cook, turning pork once, about 3 - 4 more minutes total. Remove pork and boil sauce until thickened, another 2 minutes. Pour sauce over pork and serve.