Luby's Salmon Croquettes
Just like the Salmon Croquettes served at Luby's, these little gems feature a mixture of salmon, haddock, potatoes and onions in a breading of Saltine crackers deep fried to perfection. Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 pound canned pink salmon, bones and skin removed
- 1 1/4 pound haddock or cod, cooked
- 1 1/4 pound potatoes boiled and shredded or diced
- 1 jumbo white onion, peeled and shredded
- 2 extra large eggs
- 2/3 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 pound crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 pound all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/8 pounds crushed saltine crackers
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
Place salmon and juice in large mixing bowl. Discard any bones and skin. Press salmon flat against pan and check for remaining bones.
Flake haddock or cod and add to salmon.
Add the potatoes and onions. Add the eggs, paprika, and crackers; mix well. Mold into 4 1/2 ounce portions. Dust croquettes in flour.
Whip eggs and buttermilk with a fork until well- mixed. Dip the croquettes in mixture. Place them into crackers and fluff crackers around the salmon. Avoid pressing the crumbs into the croquettes.
Deep fry at 300 degrees for 7 mins.
You'll also love
- Sausage Gravy --Paula Deen's 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Cousin Luisa's Italian Date Cookies 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Ahi Tuna Tartare 4.1/5 (41 Votes)
- Triggerfish Schnitzel With... 3.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Poached Salmon with Cucumber Dill... 4/5 (4 Votes)
Review this recipe