Sausage and Mushroom Pizza Pockets
These homemade sausage and mushroom pizza pockets beat store-bought pizzas any day, and they couldn't be easier to make. A great snack, lunch, or dinner.
- 8 ounces bulk hot or mild Italian sausage
- 3/4 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely shredded or grated
- 2 (13.8 ounce) packages refrigerated pizza dough (2 crusts)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Parmesan cheese, finely shredded or grated (optional)
- Pizza sauce, warmed (optional)
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease two large baking sheets; set aside.
In a medium skillet, cook sausage and mushrooms until sausage is brown, breaking up sausage with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Drain off fat; cool slightly.
In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese and the 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Stir in sausage mixture.
On a lightly floured surface, unroll each package of pizza dough. If necessary, gently stretch each dough piece into a 12x9-inch rectangle. Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut each rectangle into twelve 3-inch squares. Place about 1 tablespoon of the sausage-cheese mixture in the center of each square. Fold dough over sausage-cheese mixture, forming triangles. Press the triangle edges with the tines of a fork to seal. Place the triangle pockets on the prepared baking sheets. Prick each top a few times with the fork tines.
In a small bowl, stir together egg and water. Brush tops of pockets with egg mixture, and if desired, sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese. Bake about 12 minutes or until pockets are golden. Serve warm. If desired, serve with pizza sauce.
You'll also love
- Cinnamon Raisin Ice Cream Bread... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Kung Pao Pork with Peanuts and... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Concord Grape Jam Tart 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Pork and Sauerkraut Stew 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Tuscan Beans with Basil Pesto &... 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Steak-House Sliders with Mushrooms... 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Sausage and Stuffing Casserole 3.9/5 (23 Votes)