Rhubarb Pudding Dessert
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 drips red food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) instant vanilla pudding mix
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 220mins
In a large bowl, combine the crumbs, sugar and butter; set aside 2 tbsp. Press remaining crumbs into an ungreased 11" x 7" baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes; cool.
For filling; in a large saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Add rhubarb and water; bring to a boil. cok and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in food coloring, if desired. Spread ove rthe crust; chill.
Combine whipped cream and marshmallows; spread over rhubarb layer. Prepare pudding mix according to package directions for pie filling; spread over marshmallow layer. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.