Coconut Chicken Tenders with sweet and sassy dipping sauce
What could be better than transforming chicken into a fried-favorite variation of crunchy coconut shrimp? Coat the tenders in coconut, fry and pair with a sweet and sassy sauce for a combination of sweet, spicy, cold and crispy.
Make extra sauce - because they will be double dipping!
- For the sauce, combine:
- 1 cup Saucy Susan Peach Apricot Sassy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Apple Cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- For the tenders:
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1-1/2 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 lbs. chicken tenders, white tendon removed, seasoned with salt and pepper
- Canola oil
Adapted from comfycook.com
Whisk together cornstarch, salt, and cayenne in a shallow dish.
Pour coconut milk into another shallow dish.
Combine coconut and panko in the third dish.
Toss tenders in cornstarch mixture; shake off excess. Dip tenders in coconut milk, then dredge in coconut mixture pressing to adhere. Transfer to a plate and chill 1-2 hours.
Heat about 1 cup Canola oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
Fry tenders in batches until golden brown and cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side.
Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate and season with salt.
You'll also love
- Apple Streusal Muffins 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Sour Cream Banana Cake 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Bacon Cheesy Chicken (Crock Pot) 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Beef Braciole 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- BBQ Beer Can Chicken 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- PORK FRIED RICE 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Orange Coconut Cake 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Hawaiian Waffles with Pineapple... 4.6/5 (19 Votes)