Fig & Nut Tartlets
Guests will go gaga for these cheesy, crunchy party snacks, a fave of Austin, Texas, entertaining pro Camille Styles.
- 1/2 c walnut halves
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 c water
- Kosher salt
- 24 mini tart shells
- 1 t creamy Stilton cheese
- 6 fresh figs, quartered
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from instyle.com
Candy the walnuts (you can do this up to a week ahead):
1. Place walnut halves & sugar into a small saucepan w/the water.
2. Let boil, & stir until sugar dissolves.
3. Lower heat & let cook for 5 more min.
4. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a pie plate; sprinkle w/kosher salt.
5. Bake in a 350F oven for 9 min until lightly caramelized. Let cool.
Fill store bought tart shells w/the cheese, figs, & candied walnuts. Drizzle w/honey.