Andouille Sausage + Jerk Shrimp and Cheddar Grits
- 1/2 pound deveined and shelled shrimp
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Jerk seasoning
- 1/2 package of Johnsonville Andouille Sausage, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup yellow corn grits
- 2 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 green onion stalks, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Cheddar Grits
In a medium to large sauce pan bring chicken broth to a boil, add grits and reduce heat to low.
Cover and let grits simmer for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
When grits have absorbed the liquid add cream cheese, shredded cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
Stir mixture well, cover and remove from heat.
For the Sausage and Jerk Shrimp
Place shrimp in a large plastic bag or mixing bowl and toss with the Jerk seasoning, making sure it is evenly coated.
Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp is pink and tender.
Remove shrimp from skillet.
Add sliced sausage and let cook approximately 2 minute on each side.
Remove sauce from skillet.
To assemble the shrimp and grits add a heaping serving of grits to two shallow bowls. Top with shrimp, sausage, chopped green onions, and additional salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Zucchini Bread or Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Pot Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Salmon with Spring... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hawaiian BBQ pulled pork 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Goats Cheese and Tuna Bruschetta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bang Bang Shrimp with Napa Cabbage... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp & Coconut soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dirty Rice with Sausage 0/5 (0 Votes)