- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
1.Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and cool. Reserve.
2.Meanwhile, in a large skillet brown beef on medium heat. Drain and cool.
3.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
4.Combine beef, cottage cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg whites and oregano. Mix well. Stuff shells with mixture.
5.Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour enough spaghetti sauce in dish to cover the bottom. Place stuffed noodles in the dish. Cover with spaghetti sauce and top with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes.