Grass-fed Beef Pot Roast With Winter Vegetables
Carbohydrates 17.2 g
Dietary fiber 4.6 g
Cholesterol 110 mg
Fat 16 g
Saturated fat 6.1 g
Sodium 357 mg
Protein 59.7 g
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds grass-fed beef rump roast
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and chopped into bit-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1 1/2 cups red wine, preferably cabernet sauvignon
- 1 cup light beef stock, preferably homemade
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped fine
Adapted from webmd.com
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a heavy-bottomed, oven-proof Dutch oven or clay baker, heat butter until melted. Gently brown the roast on all sides in the butter and set aside
3. Add chopped carrots, parsnips and turnips to the Dutch oven or clay baker.
4. Season the beef and vegetables with bay leafs, thyme and whole black peppercorns.
5. Pour red wine and beef stock over the vegetables and meat, place in the oven and bake, covered, for three to four hours.
6. Remove from oven and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.