Twice baked Butternut squash
- 2 Whole butternut squash (about 6 pounds)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground pepper
- 7 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 Cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 Cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 5 Tablespoons parsley, finely chopped, divided
- 1 Cup Progresso panko bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash the outside of the squash. Slice in half and scoop out seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Place in a roasting pan and fill 1/4 of the way with water. Cover with foil and roast for 30 to 45 minutes. The flesh will be tender. Take out and let cool until it can be handled. Reduce oven temperature to 425 degrees.
Scoop out half the flesh of each squash. Add the flesh to a large bowl and mash with a potato masher. Add 4 Tablespoons butter, pecans, blue cheese, and 3 Tablespoons parsley. Check for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed. Stuff the squash shell with filling.
In a small bowl, combine panko crumbs, remaining butter and parsley. Sprinkle over the squash. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes more. The top should be golden brown, and the squash hot all the way through.