Curly Endive, Prosciutto And Mozzarella On Bruschetta
- 18 diagonal 1/2"-thk slices baguette bread
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head curly endive or frisee leaves separated 2" strips
- 7 ounces fresh water-packed mozzarella cheese ball drained, and cut into 18 thin slices
- 18 paper-thin slices prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinaigrette (see recipe)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Arrange the bread slices on 2 heavy large baking sheets. Brush 3 tablespoons of oil over the bread slices. Bake until the crostini are pale golden and crisp, about 15 minutes.
Wrap 1 curly endive and 1 slice of cheese with 1 slice of prosciutto, allowing the tops to extend 1-inch over 1 long side of the prosciutto. Arrange the crostini on a platter. Top each crostini with a prosciutto roll. Drizzle the vinaigrette over and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.