Healthy Salmon Fishcakes
These can be prepared ahead to the end of step 2, then open frozen on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. When frozen, pack into a sealable container. To serve, defrost in a single layer and complete recipe.
- 3 medium potatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 large sweet potatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 salmon fillets, cooked and flaked
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
1. Cook both types of potatoes together in boiling water until tender. Drain and leave to dry for a few minutes. Mash well then empty into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add cooked salmon, spring onions and plenty of seasoning. Form the mixtures into small patties. It should make about 16. Transfer to a board and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Heat a large non-stick frying pan and spray with cooking spray. Cook the patties until crisp, golden and piping hot. Avoid turning too frequently.
4. Serve immediately with a green salad or seasonal vegetables.