Fiery Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup Chili Oil (see recipe)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- Coarse sea salt
- Dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel (optional)
- 2/3 cup freshly-grated Parmesan
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the angel hair pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
Stir the oil, parsley, lemon juice and lemon peel in a large serving bowl. Add the cooked pasta and toss with enough reserved pasta water, 1/4 cup at a time, to moisten. Season the pasta with salt and red pepper flakes, to taste. Sprinkle grated lemon peel over pasta for extra flavor and texture. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and serve.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.