Escarole And Bean Soup
Looking for a simple, good for you soup recipe? Try this delicious healthy low fat Escarole and Bean Soup. It's short on calories but big in flavor! Serve with crusty bread on the side.
Rate this recipe 5/5 (1 Votes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound escarole, chopped and rinsed (I use 2-3 heads)
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounce) cannellini beans not rinsed
- 1 piece (1 ounce) Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Red pepper flakes, to taste, optional
- Crusty bread for serving
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy large pot over medium heat.
Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
Add the escarole and saute until wilted, about 2 minutes.
Add a pinch of salt. Add the chicken broth, beans, and Parmesan cheese. Cover and simmer until the beans are heated through, about 5 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Ladle the soup into 6 bowls. Drizzle 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil over each.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Ratatouille 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom And Spinach Polenta Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe