Loaded Mashed Potato Crunch
- 2.5 pounds russet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- sea salt and fresh black pepper
- 1 + 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- olive oil, for greasing the pan
- 4 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 2 green onions, snipped with kitchen scissors
- sour cream, for serving
Adapted from cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com
1. Peel and cube the potatoes. Add to a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and
simmer until fork tender about 20 minutes.
2. Drain and add them back to the pan set over medium heat to cook off any excess water, stir for
about 2 minutes then remove from heat.
3. Add the butter, milk, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Mash with a potato
masher. Mix in 3/4 cup cheddar cheese.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a non-stick 15 x 10-inch (or similar size) baking sheet
with olive oil from edge to edge making sure to get the sides too.
5. Spoon the potatoes out onto the pan and spread them evenly from edge to edge. Sprinkle the
remaining cheese over the top.
6. Bake about 45 - 50 minutes until the bottom and edges are browned and crispy. Sprinkle the
bacon and onions over top.
7. Cut into squares and serve with sour cream.